Welcome to Dploy Wiki
Design Ideas around a dploy.org project
Currently we have great pieces of software such as LinuxCOE and MondoRescue to manage server deployment from an automatic installation manner or from an imaging manner respectively (multi-distro and multi-arch support in both case). We'll later use the word deployment meaning both scenarios.
It would be great to associate the 2 software under a common GPL ombrella to create a multi-purpose deployment server in a box that would allow:
- to deploy a known or unknown server with whatever method from a central place
- to manage centraly in a database every information related to the machine deployed. The set of tables could be in a standalone database or integrated in other management platform which are open to such integration ( HP SIM, OCS Inventory).
- to take in account hardware particularities in the deployment (using manufacturer available tools such as HP's SSSTK and/or opensource tools)
- give a standardized method on how to setup such a deployment server from scratch, including mirroring instruction and automatic mirror structure creation from a set of ISOs (using the mrepo tool
- provide a web interface/console (what else :-) for the management of the systems deployed or to be deployed. Should work in both text and graphical environment for easiest usage (lynx compliant)
- Modular approach of deployement (new features should be easily added). Each service could be hosted on a different server (pxe/tftp, dhcp, system-designer, waystation, mondorescue images, ...)
- architecture neutral (with initial support of i386, x86_64 and ia64)
- distribution neutral (with initial support of Fedora, RHEL, OpenSUSE, SLES, Debian, Ubuntu)
This web page has been written following multiple discussions around these topics with J. Vance, B. Gartner, L. Mayes, G. Renaud, L. Bouchard, E. Colussi and many others.
Technical ideas around a dploy.org project
- use a standard protocol such as HTTP, and apache+wget to allow communication between the machine deployed and and deployment server. This would be the prefered way of exchanging informations (hw inventory typically)
- mindi (minimal boot environement) could be used on the machine deployed at first run, through media or PXE. Or it could also be launched on an already deployed server.
- mindi could also integrate other required components such as lshw, ssstk tools, or other manufacturer tools based on a future set of configuration files provided in mindi 2.x
- the inventory is stored in the server DB (standalone RDBMS, or integrated in another tool) and will be maintained as oprations are made on the machine, as well as some status.
- following reboot of the server will trigger the installation planned (deployment through LinuxCOE or image deployment with mondo)
- Full support of proliant hardware (ILO - Raid - Firmware updates)
- For security reason most of the scripts run as dploy user (not root)
- Add a machine to be managed (Name, IP, MAC, HW inventory, logs, config)
- Delete a managed machine
- Reboot a machine
- Create an image (Bruno to document, backup media, size, ...) - Creation Status - Creation Logs
- Deploy an image on a machine (Location URI, restoration media, media conf) - Deployment Logs - Deployment Status
- Query - machine managed (system type / completion / state / MAC addr / IP addr / Name)
- Get logs / status creation
- Get logs / status deploy
- Need to standardize on a machine object, and an image object at least
- Possibility to create a dbprofile to orientate the first initial boot in case PXE broadcast is not possible
- providing pre/post scripts.
Previous additional ideas:
- list of servers (automatic addition of PXE based servers, manual addition for others)
- assigning a task to a machine/group of machines
- (proliant) manage already discovered servers (power on, off... ILO functions)
- delete servers to restart discovery / installation
- group servers to apply the same job to multiple servers
- (proliant) firmware update
- (proliant) link to admin page (2381)
- link to webmin page (10000)
- (proliant) link to ACU (started on demand before launching the interface)
- launch any commands thru SSH (password or public key protected)
- Perl DBI
- ISC DHCP server
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite (history management and timestamps)
- Perl CGI or TT
- Licensed under the GPLv2
- Manual Installation of an initial dploy.org server for the HP/Intel Solution Center
- auto_inst: Automatic Deployment for Mandriva, with my own example
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.
(6.1 KB) -
added by SashaLenor 3 years ago.
If parents are preparing to redecorate their kids room, a peace bedding can come in quite handy. It suits the theme like 'A Jungle Safari' and is sure to arouse interest amongst children. The zebra-like stripes create a bold statement of sorts and can also be ideal for a 'Black and White' gray and white bedding. Combined with comparable colored accessories, furniture, curtains, and so on, floral bedding sets can infuse a refreshing alternative within the home. Seperate zebra comforter sets for girls and boys rooms are a rage and are available in pleasing shades of jasmine, aqua and green as well. The zebra style comforters might be found either by themselves or as part of a whole echo bedding, which consists of matching bed sheets, pillow covers, bed skirts and so on. A person can select as per desire and bedroom colors. A complete set may be a much more economical choice to buy and could easily unite your entire orange bedding sets style. Apart from the looks, it is also important to complete your comforter shopping wisely. Selecting the right fabric is a crucial consideration. Bed comforters are available in fabrics like regular cotton, polyester, royal silk as well as other different fabric blends. Frequently, the type of fabric tends to make a distinction towards the price. A silk gray and yellow bedding set could certainly be much more costly than its cotton counterpart. The thread count in the fabric is another aspect determining its smoothness as well as price. The greater the thread count, the more comfortable is your zebra comforter. It is therefore advisable to buy a gift that is exclusive from others. She would not only appreciate it, but would also cherish such a gift for long. One such gift item is satin white and red bedding. Satin zebra bedding sets is a perfect gift for your friend's wedding. Satin sheet sets look elegant and sophisticated. They lend a rich and luxurious look to bedroom decor. Apart from being luxury home furnishing option, satin sheet sets are very comfortable to sleep on. Their soft and smooth touch is loved by one and all. You can find satin teal sheet sets is several attractive designs and patterns. You can also choose from a range of colors like red, pinks, black, greay, white, cream, turquoise blue, and lot more. Along with satin lace bedding, you can also gift satin pillow covers, duvets, and comforters. A complete luxury dinosaur bedding sets makes a unique gift item perfect for newly married couple.